Scientist III, Small Molecule
Job Summary: The Scientist III will independently conduct a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a GLP regulatory laboratory environment. The employee is responsible for the scientific excellence, project management as well as client relationship development. They may be required to supervise a team of scientists to ensure timely delivery of data and reports.
Essential Job Functions:
· Designs, plans, and caries out experiments and associated research assignments.
· May independently devise procedures or studies to search out causes and remedies for problems.
· Performs and/or oversees work to attain objectives.
· Utilizing the effective time management to complete assigned tasks on time with high accuracy
· Operates and/or oversees the operation of equipment to acquire experimental data.
· Compiles, calculates, plots, and analyzes, and with experience, interprets data; records and maintains data in accordance with accepted standards and practices.
· May act as principal investigator. Assumes complete responsibility for assigned projects, assumes a continuing responsibility for contributing ideas related to this area of investigation.
· Prepares reports, oral and written, covering work objectives, methods, and results, which may include recommendation for further experimentation.
· Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and EPA, FDA, or other regulations pertaining to the study.
· Promotes implementation and compliance with WuXi AppTec safety policies, practices, and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment and minimize or eliminate injury.
· Maintains and enhances technical expertise, knowledge in the Bioanalytical area which include up-to-date-technology in method development and sample analysis for parent drugs and its metabolites in various biological matrices.
· Prepare draft scientific presentation in-house and in scientific meetings
· Guides and counsels employees in order to contribute to the goals of XBL for both the long and short period and to encourage personal growth.
· Identifies safety hazards and initiates corrective action. Assists in the safety training for subordinates and/or less experienced staff.
· Supervises and participates in training of Associate Scientists, Scientist I and II.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education:
· Bachelor’s or M.S. degree in chemistry, biology, or equivalent
· At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in animal research field or equivalent
· Any similar combination of education and/or work equivalent experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
· Knowledge of commonly used scientific concepts, practices, and procedures within pharmacology or animal science field
· Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Effective interpersonal skills
· Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
· Knowledge of Data Acquisitions and Operating Software as Analyst, MassLynx.
· Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines
· Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Familiarity with and adherence to regulatory guidelines consistent with WuXi AppTec requirements