Scientist III, DMPK
WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform with global operations. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused platform, WuXi AppTec Group provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services to help our worldwide customers and partners shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
At our Laboratory Testing Division, we provide a world class, globally integrated testing solution for drug development and medical device innovation. We enable scientists to transform ideas into the best healthcare products, accelerate the race from bench to bedside, and ultimately improve human life.
Our New Jersey site specializes in small molecule bioanalytical, drug metabolism, and pharmacokinetic services to the pharmaceutical, animal health and agrochemical industries. We are seeking a Scientist III within our DMPK Bioanalytical located in Cranbury, NJ.
Job Summary: The Scientist III leads the development of new bioanalytical studies and technologies, and implementing process improvements. Performs LC-MS method development, method validation/qualification, sample analysis, report writing, complex trouble-shooting and problem-solving in the field of drug discovery and development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Functions as a study director, principle investigator, or project coordinator including serving as a primary contact for sponsors, responsibilities include planning and supervising more complex and exacting research studies.
- Supervises personnel associated with bioanalysis studies. Ensures optimum personnel performance through leading by example, motivation, and performance recognition.
- Conducting quick PK sample analysis in variety of biological matrices, including but not limited to stock solution preparation, sample extraction, LC-MS sample analysis, and report writing.
- Writes comprehensive reports, and presents clear and concise oral reports of processes and accomplishments.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Trains junior level scientists.
- Reviews other scientists’ calculations and records. Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Learns, enhances, and shares technical knowledge of pharmaceutical areas, DMPK, ADME, In Life, Metabolism, and Bioanalysis.
- Participates in writing and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and suggests practical changes.
- Follows company’s safety policies, practices and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education:
Bachelor's degree with >10+ years related experience, equivalent education, experience and training; Master's degree with >8 years related experience, equivalent education, experience and training; or Doctorate Degree with 0–3 years related experience or relevant work experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- An expert in advanced experimental methods, concepts and techniques relevant to LC-MS bioanalytical field.
- Demonstrates independent thought and scientific/technical creativity
- Continues to increase awareness and understanding of relevant science and is conversant in relevant scientific literature
- Collaboratively researches and proposes methodologies for projects
- Acts independently to research and propose methodologies and implement them
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skill in order to perform of multiple projects within deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Follow and adhere to nonGLP guidelines/SOPs consistent with WuXi AppTec requirement
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to biohazards / Chemicals.
- Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this facility
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to push/pull 10 lbs often
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
- Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.