Associate Scientist - PKPD
The Associate Scientist I is responsible to conduct and/or provide support for various types of Bioanalytical assays in support of discovery programs in the DMPK department.
- Under close supervision, individually performs routine laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Receives specific instructions on assigned task and expected results.
- Delivers accurate results on assigned tasks within the expected timeframe.
- Understands the study and method, troubleshoots unexpected results.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Performs routine calculations; tabulates, and records results.
- Prepares various types of solutions used in the laboratory.
- Prepares accurate routine data summary with minimal supervision.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Learns and enhances technical knowledge of pharmaceutical areas, DMPK, ADME, In Life, Metabolism, and Bioanalysis.
- Is proficient in sample preparation, sample processing and sample analysis.
- Follows company’s safety policies, practices and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, pharmacology or closely related majors with 0 - 3 years related experience or Associate’s degree and >3 years related experience or equivalent education, or equivalent work experience
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Has a basic understanding of scientific discipline
- Ability to perform preliminary lab work with supervision after training
- Ability to follow instructions to perform required procedures
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within drug discovery and development R&D laboratory settings
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Good time management skill in order to perform of multiple projects within deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Follow and adhere to nonGLP guidelines/SOPs consistent with WuXi AppTec requirement
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals
- Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this facility
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to Lift 10 lbs routinely
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
- Ability to push/pull 10 lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
- Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
- Inside/outside working conditions
WuXi AppTec requires all employees, both Field and Office-based, to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by February 9, 2022 or undergo weekly COVID-19 testing as set forth in WuXi AppTec’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, unless they are eligible for an exemption from the vaccination or testing requirements based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. If you are offered employment with WuXi AppTec, you will be required to provide acceptable proof of your COVID-19 vaccine (if applicable) no later than 8 days before your first day of employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.