Associate Manufacturing Engineer
ENTRY LEVEL –COMPRESSOR OVERHAUL
Compressor overhaul focuses on overhauling centrifugal gas compressors to Solar’s latest specifications for performance and durability. Compressor overhaul helps customers achieve their goals by keeping their turbomachinery up and running throughout its entire lifecycle.
Provides technical support and leadership for assuring the quality, durability, reliability and cost of compressor components for one or more Solar products within the Overhaul organization. Work closely with Product Engineers and provide technical support for detailed part reconditioning and/or remanufacturing using standard techniques and procedures. Extensive interaction with Solar Design Engineering and Engineering personnel in Solar's worldwide overhaul facilities. Responsible for providing engineering instruction and round-the-clock technical support critical to Overhaul's Lean 6 Sigma focus and requirements to build quality units in a timely manner.
- BOM maintenance - keeping up to date with configuration changes.
- Provide disposition for out-of-spec and scrap parts.
- Technical liaison for detailed part work performed by suppliers
- Provide engineering documentation for customer property repairs and overhauls.
- Create and maintain detailed part routing and technical work instructions (travelers, etc.).
- Technical support and root cause investigation for test rejects and other detailed part quality issues.
- Utilize Lean 6 Sigma principles to generate improvements to meet quality and production requirements.
- Currently pursuing a B.S. or higher in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, or related degree.
- 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, resolve complex problems, and make sound technical decisions.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of basic turbomachinery.
- Internships in manufacturing environment or in an engineering role.
- Proficiency in Excel, macros programming languages and functions.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exposure to wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Sense of urgency and organizational skills to work with multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Lean 6 Sigma experience - Yellow Belt or Green Belt participation on a 6 Sigma project desirable.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed to meet production and team goals.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to improve quality through identification of root cause and Implementation of corrective action.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, with proficiency in communicating technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.