Full Stack Development Intern
We are developing some of the first AI-powered algorithms to transform care for pregnant women at risk for adverse outcomes. There are multiple events around the time of delivery that can affect the outcome and experience for both the mother and infant. Our lab is focused on creating critical cutting-edge future-forecasting and vitals-management algorithms to improve patient safety, predict and prevent adverse pregnancy outcomes.
We’re looking for a responsible, motivated, and self-directed Full Stack Development Intern interested in the translation of medical data to artificial intelligence tasks. Through this effort, you will enable clinicians and data scientists to perform groundbreaking research in AI and medicine.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
As a Full Stack Development Intern, your efforts in furthering our ML Platform will help enable medical researchers to analyze pertinent data and conduct principal studies. Day-to-day tasks may include building intuitive UI/UX’s that display relational data, implementing API endpoints to interface with the front end, among other services, furthering the development of the ETL pipeline, and building efficient SQL queries. There is potential to work in every part of the stack and to develop widely used functionality.
Practical Experience Working With:
- Front-end framework, ideally ReactJS
- Back-end frameworks, ideally Python-based
- SQL, ideally PostgreSQL
Solid Understanding of Fundamentals:
- Web Technologies
- UI/UX design
- API design
- Relational Databases
- Micro Service Architecture
- Message Queues
- Dev Ops
- Cloud Computing
- The candidate must be available to work part-time (min hours 20h/week, max up to 30h/week) for 6- 8 months.
- Please provide a sample of your code or link to Git.
- The start date may be flexible, ideally by Nov 1.
- Hiring is pending upon credentialing from our institution, a process that may take 6 weeks or longer.
- There is an opportunity for hiring for a permanent position.