Credit and Collections Specialist
At KEYENCE, we never settle. We aim to change the status quo for society and for the world, one product at a time. We are a global leader in industrial automation with the ability to add value to customers in all aspects of manufacturing, research, and design. Our strict promote from within policy puts pressure on our organization to continue developing new managers so we can expand our business and provide lucrative careers for our employees. We hire talented individuals who push themselves and our organization to get to the next level.
As a Credit and Collection Specialist you will be responsible for conducting credit analysis for both new and existing customers, approving, or denying the extension of credit terms according to pre-established guidelines of Keyence, and collecting past due payments while exhibiting professional and effective communication skills for optimal outcome. You should possess the ability to swiftly obtain and analyze complex financial data with complete accuracy from multiple available sources.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Appropriately assess risk by researching and examining credit history and reports.
- Releasing orders that meet approved credit terms.
- Approving or disapproving and maintenance of credit terms for new and existing accounts.
- Review invoicing, purchase orders and other documentation to resolve billing disputes and ensure prompt collection.
- Collection Calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced, goal-oriented department.
- Reduce and maintain a low percentage of past due collection amount primarily by telephone or email.
- Work with collection agencies and legal counsels, as necessary, to reconcile delinquent accounts.
- Maintain and update relevant records, files, and information to the database.
- Proactively inform sales members of problem orders and accounts
- Proactively identify areas to improve credit operation efficiency and initiate projects to achieve such improvements.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting)
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Knowledge of Windows-based applications
- Proficient business writing and oral communication skill
- Ability to establish and maintain pleasant yet forceful interpersonal relationships
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and organize daily workload
- Proactive handling of dispute resolution
- Commitment to excellent customer service
Why work for KEYENCE?
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- “Learn by doing” development policy
- Recognized by Forbes World’s Top 100 as “Most Innovative” company 8 years in a row
- Promote from Within Culture
KEYENCE is an at-will, Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company does not sponsor applicants for work visa.