Public Involvement Specialist
RES is looking for a Public Involvement Specialist with ten (10) years or more of relevant work experience based out of Orlando, FL office.
Our Florida operation is growing exponentially and is in sharp need of a Public Involvement Specialist to take on public involvement needs for the Florida’s Turnpike.
The final product of your work is a result of tight collaboration with multiple team members and units, who all might speak different technical languages and be located in different geographies. We therefore are looking for a skillful COMMUNICATOR, who will be able to navigate through this complexity. While you will be properly trained, the team is expecting you to be a SELF-STARTER who enjoys solving problems and independently working on solutions for clients.
What your day-to-day might look like?
This position will sit in the Florida’s Turnpike office on a full-time basis, performing:
- Reviews of public involvement materials for final design and PD&E projects
- Research, write, and edit various materials for media, elected officials and the public
- Managing public meeting logistics such as site selection, site management, site lay-out, provision of electronic and hard copy materials before and during the meeting
- Developing legal advertisements and notifications for public meetings and public hearings
- Developing public involvement schedules for final design and PD&E projects
- Coordination of public involvement materials with Project Managers, Public Information Officers, and Management
- Developing Public Involvement Plans and Community Action Plans
- Coordination with Public Information Office on outreach activities
Technical Writing skills are paramount, so be ready to showcase them during the interview!
We would love to talk to you if you have many of the following:
- BS. in Engineering, Planning, Communications
- Experience preparing public involvement plans for Florida Transportation projects.
What will make you stand out?
- Knowledge of State and Federal public involvement regulations and laws
- Knowledge of the Federal Title VI and Environmental Justice requirements
- Experience developing and implementing public involvement strategies for final design and PD&E projects
- Experience communicating complex project issues in Plain Language
- Knowledge of the PD&E Study and final design phases
- Experience developing public involvement schedules for final design and PD&E projects
- Experience assisting in the development of project website and/or other electronic media
- Ability to provide public involvement guidance to Consultant Project Managers
- Experience related to the planning/design/construction of roadways
- Ability to deliver information presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain working relationships with others
Who is RES?
We are the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 294 stream miles and 58,000 wetland acres, in addition to conserving and preserving 9,100 acres of endangered species habitats. RES operations include planting over 14,000,000 restorative trees and reducing over 250 tons of polluting nutrients. RES ecological solutions enable a balance of economic development and ecological sustainability.
Working for RES means having a career that truly makes an impact and a job that helps make nature and communities better. Our people share a deep interest and passion for sustainability and ecological restoration. As an ever-growing company, we cultivate entrepreneurship, flexibility, and collaboration while taking a bold approach to project development. We foster a team environment while enriching individual growth.
Our people. Explore our employees’ profiles here.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.