Teledyne Scientific Company has an immediate opening at its Thousand Oaks, CA facility for a Thermal Scientist in the Power and Thermal-fluids group. The group is at the forefront of developing cutting-edge technologies in active and passive thermal management solutions, thermal management materials, heat exchangers, energy storage systems, high energy laser components and subsystems, and micro-fluidics devices.
- Develop advanced thermal management technologies for military and commercial applications
- Design, develop, demonstrate, and validate prototype test units for new concepts
- Work with team to understand system requirements based on customer needs, identify solution space, and identify technology development, maturation, and transition path
- Collaborate with management and technical team to generate new ideas and development plans, including generating proposals for new business captures
- Work very closely with department manager in guiding work for junior research scientists and engineers, performing technical planning, and coordinating and implementing strategic initiatives within the department
- Build intellectual property portfolio and publish new findings, as appropriate
Desired skills, experience, and qualities:
- Strong fundamental knowledge of heat transfer and fluid dynamics and ability to apply it to thermal management, energy transfer, and energy storage, problems
- Some background in phase change heat transfer desirable
- Passion for new technology development and creative thinking
- Willingness to learn new topics/ subject areas
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with highly dynamic cross-functional project teams
- Good technical writing and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to generate winning proposals for R&D funding
- Excellent technical judgment, data analysis, and interpretation skills
- Strong experimental background and hands-on laboratory experience in thermo-fluids, heat transfer, and mechanical/electrical/optical systems
- Knowledge of mechanical design simulation tools such as SolidWorks and heat transfer and fluid dynamics simulation tools such as ANSYS Fluent or IcePak
Recent M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical/ Aerospace Engineering or Physics with 0-5 years of relevant experience
US persons only (U.S. citizens or permanent residents)
Due to Federal Contract requirements, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.