Transmission Career Acceleration Program
A Snapshot of Your Day
Are you interested in being part of a team that is driving the energy transformation? At Siemens Energy, you can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. We’re looking for passionate people interested in joining our Transmission Division in our Transmission Career Acceleration Program (TCAP), an ~ 18 months rotational development program.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- During this ~ 18-month program you will participate in 3 rotational assignments in Raleigh, NC, Richland, MS, and sites across the US. The areas of business include Grid Stabilization / High Voltage Grid, Switching and Non-Switching Products (Transformers, Breakers, Arrestors, Voltage Regulators, Bushings, Coils etc.) and Systems, and Transmission Service.
- In-between rotations and throughout the program you will receive formal learning and training with experienced professionals.
- Through this program you’ll be able to establish a network, gain personal and professional development, acquire product knowledge, and learn the complexities of the Transmission industry and current customer landscape.
- You will use fundamental engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to complete assigned tasks while learning about the business, and get prepared for a permanent role within the Transmission Division (typical roles may include Project Engineering, Product Design, Field Service as well as Digitalization, Project Management, and Business Development)
- You will work directly with our experienced experts to develop skills that include engineering, business development, project management, maintenance, job site safety, leadership, and Siemens Energy’s business systems.
What You Bring
- By June 2023, you will have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, structural engineering, construction management, or related field.
- You are interested in developing your skills in project management, engineering, business development, and field service disciplines.
- You are a self-starting leader, who enjoys using all available resources and leading others to build innovative solutions to challenging issues
- You are open to domestic travel throughout the program and relocation upon completion of the program.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Current Siemens Energy employees may be eligible for internal transfers
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
About the Team
Our Transmission Division offers customers a broad portfolio of products, systems, solutions, and services geared around the key market trends of digitalization, decarbonization, grid stability and electrification. With expertise, passion, and commitment, we are working to transmit energy in the most efficient and environmentally friendly way possible.
Check out this video to learn more about our Transmission Division: https://bit.ly/3qwFP0a
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy?
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave