Federal Business Specialist
RES is currently accepting applications for the Sales position of Federal Business Specialist based out of our Illinois or Wisconsin offices. This is a highly visible position that drives sales by navigating federal procurement processes, forming teaming and subcontracting relationships, establishing trusted advisor relationships with clients and delivering comprehensive ecological solutions.
As CSM, you will be working with our regional & corporate teams, including sales, government affairs, finance, legal, land, regulatory, project management, operations, marketing, and business development. You will be in constant contact with federal, state, and municipal government entities and their associated stakeholders. At the same time, you will also engage with environmental permitting firms, engineering and design firms, construction firms and small business entities, environmental attorneys, regulatory agencies and associated resource agencies, non-governmental conservation groups, chambers of commerce and other economic development entities, client industry associations, etc.
What your day-to-day might look like?
50% of your time, you will be visiting clients – so be ready to travel!
25% of your time, you will be prospecting new business, and building your pipeline. You will be assisted by our team of Solutions Analysts in this task, who will be researching opportunities for you to hunt.
25% of your time, you will be driving the solution based on your conversations with clients. You will own the proposal development process with the goal of client commitment and contract execution.
- 5 or more years of sales or other applicable professional experience, delivering complex solution sales experience in a fast-paced, client-focused, performance-driven environment
- 5 or more years in federal business development
What will make you stand out?
- BS/BA in a field with nexus to the job description; Masters or another advanced degree program a plus
- Direct working experience with RES client base (energy, oil, gas, transportation, utilities, federal, state, and local governmental agencies)
- Or experience in ecological restoration, mitigation, stormwater, water quality, or endangered species habitat restoration industries.
- 404 permitting and mitigation experience