Assistant Project Manager
RES is hiring an Assistant Project Manager to assist with the facilitation of projects to ensure timely execution through organization of project components and are completed within budget.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for the day to day coordination and/or oversight of each project and will report project progress, issues, concerns, to the PM. It is expected that the APM will be able to attend site meetings and coordinate with the onsite inspectors, visitors, and other parties associated with the project as a part of their daily duties. Should project issues arise the APM will coordinate with the PM for guidance and issue resolution.
What your day-to-day might look like?
- Complete work in the field, which includes all aspects of restoration work such as overseeing subcontractors to meet project specifications, GPS survey, running a laser level, confirming completion of subcontractors’ work. Most importantly, it requires a thorough understanding of what the job entails as communicated verbally and through plans and specifications.
- Direct coordination with the Project Manager.
- Communication with customer, designer, engineer, owner and general contractor regarding project status, schedules, and other needs.
- Site visits on a regular basis (which includes taking photographs and coordinating with the Subcontractors and the Project Manager.
- Project and job books (creation and upkeep) of office and field copies.
- Maintaining a construction & maintenance daily log for the job (this includes note taking and getting signatures for any onsite changes made in a contract).
- Setting up P.O’s & Account payable approvals.
- Setting up Credit Applications with Accounts Payable on all new vendor accounts.
- Materials ordering and staging (as per bid, or in coordination with the Site Superintendent).
- Timesheet review – Coordinate approvals through construction operations and the delivery of Truck & Equipment weekly reports with construction operations.
- Project Submittals.
- Inspector interactions (e.g., measuring quantities, alerting PM to needs for Change Order, interacting with site visitors).
- Subcontractor coordination (scheduling, scope, etc.).
- Assist field operations with vegetation restoration tasks such as: seeding, mowing, burning, brushing and herbicide applications.
- Safety inspections.
- Other AE divisional and inter-divisional coordination.
- Helping generate project budgets
- Make sure that assigned projects are completed on schedule
- Assisting with monthly Invoicing, including quantity tracking
- Assisting with private and public sector estimating, bids, and proposal writing as assigned
- Coordinate with construction operations and estimating
- Promoting the RES brand through successful completion and delivery of quality projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in applied sciences, engineering, or similar field
- 2+ years of progressive experience in an applied-sciences, engineering, or construction field.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Ability to travel from home location up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of wetland restoration design and construction.
- 1+ years experience in an applied-sciences, engineering, or construction field.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, strong attention to detail, and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to present ideas or data in business- and user-friendly language.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to generate accurate data.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to be thoughtful, thorough, and proactive in all work processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, Trimble, GIS and CAD.