Farm Equipment Operator
RES is looking for applicants with prior experience in agricultural, nursery, or landscaping operations. Position is full time and year-round with hours ranging from 40-50 hrs/week depending on season. Weekend work a possibility but not frequent.
What your day-to-day might look like?
- Field operations during the growing season (April-November)
- Tractor operation – cultivation, herbicide application, transplanting, tillage, mowing, etc.
- Combine harvest
- Hand harvest
- Detailed data collection and recordkeeping
- Equipment maintenance/repair
- Truck/trailer hauling of equipment
- Some crew supervision
- Winter work (November-March)
- Seed refining – may involve a move to second shift
- Seed cleaning on various stationary seed refining equipment
- Detailed recordkeeping
- Equipment fabrication/maintenance
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to think quickly and adapt to constantly changing conditions
- Team player- able to operate and adapt within a team
- Experience driving large pick-up trucks and hauling trailers
- Experience with the following machinery:
- Small to medium sized tractors (40-125hp)
- ATV’s and Gators
- Native plant ID
- Spanish language skills
- Experience with repair and maintenance of small engines and equipment is a strong plus
- Class A commercial driver's license
Willing and able to perform and comply with the following items:
- Strict adherence to safety protocols, including proper PPE requirements
- Ability to lift or carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside in harsh and under adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, snow, and exposure to insects including ticks and mosquitoes. Exposure to poisonous plants such as poison ivy.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground
- Ability to undertake field work that includes, operating ATVs, tractors, skid steers, and trucks with trailers
- Ability to safely operate chainsaws and gas-powered brush cutters & augers