Site Superintendent (2668)
RES is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Environmental Construction Superintendent.
The Environmental Construction Superintendent will oversee on-site construction of varying types of stream restoration and wetland mitigation projects The selected Superintendent will be responsible for oversight of their crew’s construction operations, safety, and work quality, as well as direct participation in construction tasks. In order to successfully execute their responsibilities, it will be necessary to directly participate with the crew in performing the construction tasks.
What your day-to-day might look like?
- Oversee construction operations for stream restoration and wetland mitigation
- Direct crew (2-6 members) in all on-site construction tasks
- Participate directly in construction tasks, including equipment operation and plan adherence
- Coordinate with operations manager, project managers, construction administrators and crew members to ensure all work is completed on time, within budget and within specification
- When required, the ability to travel for 4-5 days at a time
- Be a team player
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 or more years experience in Construction Industry
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to operate farming equipment
- 5 or more years construction equipment operation experience
- Ability to assist in multiple project efforts simultaneously and therefore prioritize effectively
- Able-bodied and able to lift items up to 50lbs (such as sacks of materials, water pumps, chainsaw and other large power tools)
- Ability to effectively read and understand plans
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- College degree with an emphasis in Natural Resources or Construction Management
- Experience in stream and wetland restoration
- Ability to shoot grades
- Crew leadership experience
- Commercial driver’s license