Arborist Trainee Internship | Santa Rosa
The Davey Tree Expert Company is looking for exceptional students who are interested in expanding their field experience in the areas of Tree Care, Plant Health Care, Sales, and Client Services. Start date is flexible as we are currently looking for Internship candidates for Spring/Summer, 2022.
Davey Tree wants to introduce career orientated students to exceptional opportunities in the industry including tree care, tree climbing, chainsaw use, plant health care and customer service. Internships in each division may vary in length depending on availability. Interns will be assigned a manager who will mentor them through a variety of job experiences within the industry. Throughout your experience, you will work on residential and commercial properties and in an office setting.
Schedule will be M-F Day shift with some Saturdays, and you will be working about 40-50 hours per week. Hourly rate is competitive and negotiable.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn to climb trees! (Yes, we will pay you to do that.)
- Operate as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
- Learn to perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients. Including but not limited to:
- Tree identification and industry pruning guidelines
- Prune, thin, and remove deadwood throughout the tree canopy
- Learn how to install cables, bracing, and lightning protection systems
- Assist in removal of hazardous trees
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts, and more.
- How high you grow depends on you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Studying Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Forestry or related discipline
- Valid CA Driver’s license required. Commercial driver’s license highly valuable but not necessary.
- Must have enthusiasm for proper plant care and arboriculture
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Collaboration and communication skills
What We Offer:
- Over 140 years of service gives you job security
- National reputation for Stewardship and Excellence
- Promotes ambitious, team-focused experts quickly and focuses on continuing education
- Commitment to safety: Interns will work towards completing the CDP “C” Climber booklet
- Access to industry related training materials
- Climbing gear, uniforms and PPE provided
- Opportunity to apply for Davey Scholarship and develop your career
- Available positions throughout the Northeast, New England, and Mid-Atlantic including NYC Metro, Western & Upstate NY, Philadelphia Metro, Boston Metro, Portland, ME, Woodstock, VT, Washington, DC Metro, Baltimore Metro, and many more throughout the country!