Civil Engineer - Transmission Line Design
RQD is seeking an entry-level Civil or Mechanical Engineer with engineering skills graduating in December 2022 or May 2023.
We are targeting self-motivated engineers who desire an opportunity to work side by side with our project team on high, medium, and low voltage utility projects. You’ll work on various transmission and distribution line designs, including 3-D modeling, structure design, construction package development, routing studies, field investigations, and more. You will have the opportunity to see a project you’ve worked on all the way through to the construction phase. Some travel to client sites will be required.
- Exercise initiative, judgment, and knowledge as required in areas of responsibility
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, surveys, estimates, and work products
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks and organizing drawings while receiving supervision
- Using prescribed methods performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments of experienced level person
- Coordinate with the work of others who assist in specific assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School
- 0-2 years of experience in utility work preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively participate as part of a project team
- Desire, aptitude, and motivation to learn and apply new concepts
- Fundamentals of Engineering / Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification is required or the ability to obtain in one year of joining
- Previous internship experience with a related industry is strongly preferred.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation, as well as attend occasional client meetings and site visits.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WHAT WE OFFER:
RDQ offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, retirement savings support, unique work-life benefits, continuing education, and training. We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
RDQ is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
At this time, RDQ will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.