Data Processor I
Data Processor I - Offshore Position
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Data Processors will work as part of the analytics team to inspect, clean, and process data.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the project specifications are met while using industry best-practice techniques and software.
- Able to analyze and interpret resulting datasets competently and clearly communicate project findings.
- Require meticulous data management and contributions to reports and other deliverables.
- Perform marine survey data processing tasks while onboard survey vessels and may provide onshore support as needed.
- Process and analyze data in one or more of the following market areas: Offshore Wind, O&G projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing and government mapping projects.
- Draft preliminary reports on data finding according to project specifications.
- Multi-beam, backscatter and single-beam processing and utilizing technical software.
- GPS and motion reference positioning systems, calibration techniques and data processing
- Assisting with and maintaining reports
- All other duties assigned
- This position has no direct reports
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- 0 -1 years’ experience in the Survey or Geoscience industry as a Survey Professional
- Must have multi-beam, backscatter and single-beam processing experience utilizing technical software.
- Knowledge of GPS and motion reference positioning systems, calibration techniques and data processing.
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Must have or be able to obtain a COVID Vaccination
- Must be able to obtain a valid Passport and any other regionally mandated offshore work requirement documents as appropriate.
- Two (2) year Technical Degree or higher in field of study preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent desired
- Proficient with survey software
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
Team Leadership/ Decision Making/ Planning and Organizing/ Developing Others:
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of others
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
- Ability to conduct training for an appropriate audience
Health and Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Flexibility:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public
- Skill to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments as well as adverse conditions such as weather, equipment problems and job conditions
- Have a good sense of direction (able to self-navigate)
- Be able to perform basic field calculations
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics and Integrity:
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner
- Solves customer problems quickly and effectively
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality
- Respond politely to members of the community
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Operate small water vessel or ATV
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
- Differentiate between colors
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing all ranges
- Wear steel toed shoes/ boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering’s clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.