Techline Pipe is seeking a full-time Estimator to work in the Montgomery, TX office. This position will be responsible for completing detailed and itemized material quantity estimates on public and private work.
- Determines accurate quantities related materials as measured from provided plan sets weekly check-in with customers and contractors
- Researches plans and specifications to determine any special material requirements
- Communicates with design engineer or owner to clarify any unusual or special material issues
- Determines if supplied materials meet local/state/federal specifications
- Provides Estimates/Quotations in support of sales
- Resolves customer’s questions and issues in a timely and professional manner
Skills and abilities:
- Demonstrable knowledge of waterworks/construction type products and materials
- Effective written and verbal communication
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality with company information
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective both in a team environment and working independently
- High school diploma or GED; Associates degree or equivalent from a two year college preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education
- Adobe and Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in bid preparation, waterworks, sales or related industry experience
- Relevant industry experience is preferred, but not required
Employee benefits include:
- Employer-paid medical/dental/life/disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Generous paid leaves
- And more!
This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.
Techline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.