Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Human Resources Department staff in the performance of their respective professional duties. Assists department in recruitment, onboarding, HRIS, benefits, employee relations and the wellness program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment/Employment: Drafts position announcements and posts them in appropriate resources – LJI website and online resources. Coordinates incoming resumes and applications, interview scheduling, phone screening and reference checks. Sends appropriate responses to all applicants, candidates, and new hires.
- Onboarding: Prepares offer letters, extends employment offers, and initiates onboarding process with input from the HR Department. When appropriate, extends employment offers. Communicates start date as well as prepares recruitment packets and materials. Provides institute tours and introductions for all new hires. Also works closely with temporary agencies to fill any needs for various departments.
- Employee Relations: Issues SPOT Awards and other opportunities for the employee recognition programs. Coordinates new hire welcome and anniversary gifts. Assists the HR department in quarterly company events. Handles employee merchandise offerings. Spearheads initiatives for various employee morale projects and activities.
- HRIS and Personnel File Administration: Files all confidential material as received. Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses. Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons. Processes requests for employment verification. Responsible for data entry and maintenance of the HRIS.
- Administrative Duties: Processes all HR related check requests, PO’s, reconciliations, and expense reports. Other duties include photocopying, electronic filing, labeling, courier (FedEx) shipments, and processing mail.
- Record Keeping: Maintains employee personnel files. Maintains mandatory posters for bulletin boards at all locations.
- Takes on special projects as assigned.
- Must be organized, enthusiastic, creative, and have excellent communication skills.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with relevant Human Resources experience with a minimum of 6 months to 1 year of experience.
- Proficient in Google Suite, and Microsoft Excel a must;
- DayForce or HRIS experience is a plus.
- Ability to independently work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Ability to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to be responsible for general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
How to apply: Please upload your resume in a single file attachment.