Process Controls Engineering Intern
We are looking to recruit an applications engineer for our Houston office to provide engineering and consulting services for a range of national and international chemical engineering simulation projects. We welcome chemical engineering graduates with good process engineering and controls knowledge to our organization. One or two years of experience in a relevant field is considered a plus.
Job tasks include:
- Development of conceptual and front-end process engineering solutions
- Process simulation using industry software (e.g.DYNSIM, UNISIM, PRO/II, OTISS, INDISSPLUS, ShadowPlant and HYSYS)
- Preparation of PFDs and P&IDs for the works described above
- Preparation of equipment lists and data sheets
- Participation in HAZID and HAZOP assessments
- Engineering calculations
- Drawing markup and coordination
- Report writing
- Engineering management
- Pressure Relief Analysis and PSV sizing calculations
You will be expected to communicate and interact with clients on our behalf, in addition to working as part of a team. We encourage our applications engineers to take an active role in client management and business development through the delivery of high-quality engineering services. The position offers significant opportunity for a suitable candidate to develop with a major business over the long term.