R-141549 Laboratory Design Estimator (Hybrid-Irving, TX)
Job Description Summary
As a critical member of our laboratory design and construction team, designers are responsible for the independent, timely and accurate designing of commercial scientific research, production, and industrial laboratories. Designers work closely with Estimators and commercial sales team as well as architects and vendors to scope projects and responsible for increasing profitability through comprehensive cost estimating of materials, transport, labor, and equipment.
· Dental, Vision, and Medical with prescription
· Spending and savings accounts: Healthcare savings, flexible spending & limited purpose flexible spending.
· PTO and short and long-term disability coverage
· Paid parental leave, 401k, stock purchase options and so much more!
LABORATORY DESIGN ESTIMATOR Job Responsibilities
- Estimate-Design and prepare overall project cost for new and ongoing projects
- Prepare estimate based on internal Revit/AutoCAD designs and specifications
- Read, interpret, and perform job take-offs from external customer design and specifications to accurately estimate projects
- Create, edit and coordinate 3D models using Revit in accordance with VWR standards
- Assess supply chain timelines to procure materials required to meet customer specifications and timeline expectations
- Research, source, negotiate and obtain the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage change orders to materials, labor and timelines as project evolves
- Monitoring the costs at the different stages of a project to ensure it stays within the estimated costs
- Develop bids for construction projects.
- Work closely with key members of the project team (such as the bid manager) and liaising with clients and suppliers
- Build and maintain positive relationships commercial sales team, general contractors, architects and other construction professionals
- Assess financial, technical, and operational risk levels associated with the project
- Remain current on latest laboratory furniture products and construction technologies
- Keep accurate and detailed records and report writing
- Adherence to departmental systems and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, architecture, construction management or a similar field is preferred.
- Three or more years related experience required
- Two or more years proven experience with Revit and AutoCAD required
- Knowledge of SAP software (plus)
- Proficiency in basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suites
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to navigate specifications and design plans
- Commercial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork, relationship-building and influencing skills
- Organization and time management
- Problem solving
- Manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines successfully
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.