Associate Construction Representative Program (EMA)
This unique, on-the-job training program is designed to give new Associate Construction Representatives the opportunity to learn foundational aspects of this field-based position through our monthly training program. This will include interaction and developing relationships with external and internal groups who contribute to the completion of transmission construction projects. You will receive monthly technical training, earn a Professional Effectiveness certification, and learn more about the great teams across Eversource.
Throughout the 12-month program and beyond, the Role and Scope of Position is:
An entry - level position responsible for overseeing construction contractor activities in accordance to project plans and specifications for projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire. Observes and inspects construction contractors to ensure adherence to specifications, codes, state/local siting conditions, contract documents, environmental regulations, and safety regulations. Assigned transmission line and/or substation construction projects within an assigned geographic area. Works closely with personnel in Transmission Project Management, Environmental Permitting, Siting, local control center, and Outreach Services.
- Individual is assigned projects of low complexity requiring close stakeholder interaction such as substation relay replacements projects, transmission line structure replacements projects, other system enhancement projects or be assigned a portion of a larger complex project under the supervision of an experienced Construction Representative.
- Ensures contractor compliance with Federal, State, Local and Eversource environmental and safety programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensures contractor compliance with Eversource standards and procedures
- Manages contract field construction and maintenance activities at transmission and distribution facilities in accordance with approved project documents, established engineering practices, Federal, State and local laws, and construction industry standards to achieve world-class field construction performance.
- Ensures Project Manager and project team are notified of any deviations in construction safety compliance, environmental compliance, schedule, design, materials, budget, and commissioning plans.
- Reviews project design and construction documents to ensure constructability and schedule adherence.
- Reviews project material requirements to identify items that have not been ordered to support the construction project. Coordinates delivery of materials to construction site.
- Attends, participates, and may lead scheduled project meetings
- Conducts on site construction management briefings and prepare reports reflecting project status, schedule and project uncertainties.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate contractor activities.
- May be responsible for development or review of commissioning plans, outage requests, and holds electrical system clearances and take switching orders to support construction projects and or storm restoration.
- Responsible for contractor evaluations, project reconciliations and close out activities following completion of projects.
- May be required to establish accurate and professional communications with customers during a project.
- May be required to work extended hours during certain phases of construction projects.
- Provides substation escort for non-qualified individuals.
- OSHA Training
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations and codes along with construction standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge of construction methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of energy delivery power systems.
- Experience in Transmission Systems is preferred
- The ability to learn and utilize available information technologies.
- Associates degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- No experience required but knowledge and understanding of Transmission Systems is preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must obtain and maintain switching and tagging certification.
- Maintains a valid motor vehicle driver's license
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Construction activities are performed year-round, work schedule dependent on specific project.
- Must demonstrate past and continued ability to analyze and solve complex construction problems; and demonstrate the ability to perform incident investigations.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.