IT Project Management Coordinator Internship
Eversource Internship programs deliver students with the opportunity to apply both classroom and prior experience learning to real life application. Internship students will participate in hands-on project work, site visits as possible, mentoring pairing and sessions with office leadership, office activities, and virtual events with fellow interns and staff throughout the organization.
We currently seeking a highly motivated, forward-thinking, problem solving student with an opportunity for a paid internship position on the Information Technology Project Management Office team where you will learn about Project Management, Scheduling, Budgeting and Forecasting. Could this be you?
- Help develop processes to effectively install/leverage Microsoft Project Online to provide the project schedule data points for project progress and schedule data. Currently file-based standalone tools are used on the desktop. Moving to Microsoft Project Online will provide central configuration and standardization, central resource administration and aggregated reporting.
- Assist Information Technology Project Managers and Portfolio Managers with reviewing and participating in the creation of Project Authorization Forms for proposed IT Capital Projects.
- Assist Information Technology Project Managers and Portfolio Managers with reviewing and participating in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to assess technology solution providers, services and/or software for proposed IT Capital Projects.
- Work with IT PMO Supervisor to develop process improvements for Project Gate, Cross Functional Review and Lessons Learned scheduling and document control.
- MS Project Online
- Proficient with MS O365 tools – Excel, Word, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook
- General understanding of Project Management
- Effectively communicate ideas and directions, both written and orally
- Must be enrolled in a degree program for Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Data Science/Analytics