EH&S Environmental Intern
The Internship Program is designed to strengthen the interns' knowledge, skills and abilities while supporting and enhancing business operations. An intern will perform core business functions as they assume the responsibilities of tasks associated with their assigned business group. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in developmental activities and gain exposure to the industry. Internship assignments last approximately 3 months, typically June through August.
Note: Full length of program participation required.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of natural gas and natural gas liquids services and one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in the country. Targa offers a dynamic work environment where you can learn, develop, and grow. We encourage employee input and active involvement towards our continuous performance improvement in all areas of our business. With people as our priority, we are committed to safety and to providing the support required to help employees achieve their goals.
Targa is currently seeking candidates for an Environmental Intern position based in our Houston corporate office (Houston, TX)
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this role you will be called upon to:
- Conduct environmental desktop reviews and field compliance inspections related to facility wastewater discharge permits, stormwater permits, Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans, and waste disposal and saltwater injection facilities
- Complete regulatory analyses to determine how a rule applies to new and modified oil and gas facilities
- Assist in preparing permit applications, compliance calendars, and permit requirement summaries for facility waste management plans and wastewater, stormwater, or air permits
- Related tasks may include reviewing permits or compliance plans, inspection of equipment and bulk storage containers, and confirming other facility information in the field
- Additional tasks may be identified related to air, water, and waste environmental compliance
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working to achieve a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related degree program;
- Strong academic record and demonstrated leadership skills
- A passion for learning and personal development. Possess a long-term view of career development and advancement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships internally at all levels and with external stakeholders
- Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic, high-performance work environment with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Must be flexible and able to adapt as business needs change
- Must have the ability to travel and perform work in the field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong systems aptitude and process orientation
- Exposure to computer systems and related skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.