Diagnostic Engineering Co-Op, Spring and Summer 2023 (Greenville, SC)
Proterra is looking to welcome two full-time interns for the Spring and Summer 2023 semesters to provide support to our Diagnostic Engineering and Product Support Team within the Customer Service Department. You will learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment dealing with virtually all aspects of our products. You will also be providing support to client groups at the site and will be in an environment where you can have a greater impact and earn a competitive salary during the program.
About the Role – You will:
- Work with state-of-the-art equipment and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment.
- Assist in service operations such as customer requests, service campaigns, service parts, ship shorts, as well as aiding with diagnostic support of down busses and chargers.
- Have opportunities to propose new ideas or improvement concepts.
- Participate in data analysis and root cause analysis.
- Work with a mentor that will support and be a resource for you during your internship assignment.
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Proterra team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Proterra team that supports Proterra’s Interior Engineering operations in Greenville, SC.
- You will report to the Diagnostics Engineering & Product Support Manager and may collaborate with other team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, CA as well as our Field Service Team distributed across North America.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Enrollment in a Bachelors program for the Spring 2023 semester in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Software Development.
- Must have completed your sophomore year or later in your current program and coursework in engineering or STEM related major.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Apply the theory from college/university course work to real world scenarios / situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications.
You might also have:
- Understanding of problem-solving steps and processes to apply in a real-world situation.
Location: Greenville, SC
Temporary Housing: Not available
Length of internship: Full-time Spring and Summer 2023 Semesters
Travel: 0 - 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).