Seeking Degree Programs In: Communications, Public/International Policy, International Security, Cybersecurity, Business, Computer Science, Homeland Security and Technical Writing
Is an internship focused on changing the world's energy future intriguing? If so, we might have just the opportunity you're looking for!
Through this single application, you are considered for multiple internship projects related to Homeland Security Programs Support. Simply complete the application questions which will help us identify what knowledge and experience you already have that may be related to the preferred qualifications for each individual internship project. It is common for applicants to receive consideration for multiple projects at varying times throughout the process. Mentors will make direct contact with applicants who meet their project qualifications to share the specific details of the project. Most internships provide flexibility with start and end dates to account for varying university term schedules. We encourage early applications to increase the number of opportunities available.
If interested in other INL internship categories in addition to this one, please complete the application for each of those categories as well. Most of the information you provide while completing the initial application carries over to your new applications. You will have to review your previously submitted information in each step, ensure it is complete and then click the submit button on the final step.
The selected student will
- Develop and maintain custom code used to analyze network traffic and proprietary protocols
- Develop attack and defense methodology and code on high-risk computer networks
- Develop technical solutions for information operations and analysis related to national security topics, intrusion analysis, systems and vulnerabilities, network security, advanced analytic tools, and data visualization techniques
- Work with mentors/technical leads to identify security issues of existing platforms and applications.
- Work on the supply chain test bed, and work with Citrix systems
- Develop algorithms and methods for detecting and preventing network attacks
- Develop and maintains code used to find weaknesses in systems and to verify patch effectiveness
- Assist and/or conducts penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
- Perform analysis and/or reverse engineering of suspect source code
- Write scripts and develop software utilities to automate security analysis efforts