Lean Manufacturing Internship, Spring 2023 (Greenville, SC)
This co-op position will provide support to Proterra’s Powered Lean Manufacturing team. You will learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment while providing support to cross functional groups at the new Powered 1 facility. At Powered 1 you will be exposed to battery manufacturing, electric vehicle sub-assemblies, and other manufacturing support functions. You will be on the front lines of using lean tools and driving a lean culture in the largest Proterra manufacturing facility and earn a competitive salary during the program. The co-op program will be a full-time position for the 2023 Spring semester.
About the Role – You will:
- Gain practical experience in a hands-on lean environment with ownership of high business impact projects.
- Hands on experience learning and teaching lean tools to salary and hourly team members through Kaizen Workshops.
- Assist with various lean projects across the facility supporting the production ramp of the Powered 1 Facility.
- Coordinate with internal customers in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Have opportunities to propose new ideas, improvement concepts, and implementation.
- Work with a mentor that will support and be a resource for you during your co-op assignment.
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Proterra team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- You will report to the Lean Manufacturing Manager and may collaborate with other team members across our different locations in Burlingame, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Enrollment in a Bachelors program for the Fall 2022 semester in Mechanical, Industrial, or other Engineering disciplines
- Must be in your Junior year or later in your current program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Apply the theory from college/university course work to real world scenarios / situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
You might also have:
- Strong quantitative skills
- Experience building structures with Flexpipe, Creform, or other type of material.
- Participated in Shingijutsu, or other lean expert, workshops in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to be proactive in communication with all levels within the organization.
- Understanding of problem-solving steps and processes to apply in a real-world situation.
Location: Greer, SC
Temporary Housing: Not available
Length of Co-op: Full time in Spring 2023
Travel: 0 %
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).