Human Resources Internship, Spring 2023 (Greenville, SC)
This intern position will provide support to Proterra’s Human Resources Department primarily at the Greer, SC site. You will learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment while providing support to client groups at the site and will be in an environment where you can have a greater impact and earn a competitive salary during the program.
About the Role – You will:
- Work with state-of-the-art equipment and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment.
- Assist in the onboarding and offboarding of employees, gaining state/federal knowledge.
- Assist in the day to day HR Admin function, supporting hourly employees.
- Have opportunities to propose new ideas or improvement concepts.
- Participate in data analysis and root cause analysis.
- Work with a mentor that will support and be a resource for you during your internship assignment.
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Proterra team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Proterra team that supports Proterra’s Human Resources function in Greer, SC.
- You will report to the HR Generalist and may collaborate with other team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other manufacturing facilities in Greenville, SC and Los Angeles, CA .
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Enrollment in a Bachelors or Masters program for the Spring 2023 semester in Business Management. Preferably with an emphasis in Human Resources.
- Must have completed your sophomore year or later in your current program and
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Apply the theory from college/university course work to real world scenarios / situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications.
You might also have:
- Understanding of problem-solving steps and processes to apply in a real-world situation.
Location: Greer, SC (may work remotely part of the time)
Temporary Housing: Not available
Length of internship: Part-Time (15 hours a week) Spring 2023 Semester
Travel: 0 - 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).