Customer Quality Engineering Internship, Spring 2023 (Greenville, SC)
This intern position will provide support to the Proterra Powered- Customer Quality Engineering team in Greenville, SC. You will learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment while providing support to client groups at the site and will be in an environment where you can have a greater impact and earn a competitive salary during the program.
About the Role – You will:
- Gain practical experience in a hands-on environment.
- Work on projects and programs currently in progress at Proterra, which allows interns to apply knowledge that contributes to the overall business.
- Assist with improvement initiatives and ensuring timeline NCRs around customer and field quality issues
- Creating and completing return analysis reports
- Creating process improvements to ensure all transactions are completed timely and appropriately.
- Providing RMA / MRB support as needed
- Coordinate with internal customers in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Have opportunities to propose new ideas or improvement concepts.
- Work with a mentor that will support and be a resource for you during your internship assignment.
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Proterra team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- You will report to the Customer Quality Manager and may collaborate with other team members across our different locations in Burlingame, CA and Los Angeles, CA.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Enrollment in a bachelor’s program for the Spring 2023 semester in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering (or related field).
- Must be in your Junior year or later in your current program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Apply the theory from college/university course work to real world scenarios / situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
You might also have:
- Previous hands-on technical product experience (cars, bikes, batteries, or other electro-mechanical products)
- Ability to be proactive in communication with all levels within the organization.
- Understanding of problem-solving steps and processes to apply in a real-world situation.
Location: Greenville, SC
Temporary Housing: Not available
Length of internship: Full-time Spring Semester (40 Hours/week)
Travel: 0 - 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).