Mechanical Release Engineering Internship, Spring 2023 (Greenville, SC)
This intern position will provide support to Proterra’s Greenville Mechanical Release Engineering team and other site leadership team members. You will learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment while providing support to client groups at the site and will be in an environment where you can have a greater impact and earn a competitive salary during the program.
About the Role – You will:
- Gain practical experience in a hands-on environment.
- Design and build a pneumatic system test bench.
- Assist with base/development engineering projects including new platforms, reliability, improvements, and cost downs.
- Coordinate with internal customers in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Have opportunities to propose new ideas or improvement concepts.
- Work with a mentor that will support and be a resource for you during your internship assignment.
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Proterra team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- You will report to the Manager, Mechanical Release Engineering. and may collaborate with other team members across all of our locations in Burlingame, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Current enrollment in a bachelor’s program in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have completed your sophomore year or later in your current program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Apply the theory from college/university course work to real world scenarios / situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications.
You might also have:
- Previous internship experience.
- Some experience in 3D design software.
- Completed design projects with mechanical integration.
- Some experience with pneumatic systems.
Location: Greenville, SC
Temporary Housing: Not available
Length of internship: Full Time, Spring 2023 Semester
Travel: 0 - 10%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).