Amazon Robotics - Reality Capture BIM Eng. Co-op - Spring 2023
Reality Capture BIM Engineer Co-op
Jan to June 2023
North Reading, MA or Westborough, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Amazon Robotics internship/co-op opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
This role is a 6-month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January to June 2023. Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for co-ops to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
Amazon is building the next generation software, hardware, and processes that will run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well. We are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying robotics, autonomy, supply chain optimization, machine learning, manipulation, image processing, and real-time data processing using distributed systems.
We are seeking a talented and solutions-oriented Reality Capture BIM Engineer Co-op to contribute to delivering transformational innovation to the business. As a reality capture BIM Engineer Co-op, you will work closely with field engineers and cross-functional teams to improve the quality and productivity of automation deployment for Amazon’s fulfillment network.
The Co-op will be responsible for:
*Process 3D LiDAR scanning data
* Perform 3D modeling of physical facilities and equipment
* Analyze multi-layer engineering models for clash detection
* Maintain database of as-builts and 3D models
* Work with field engineers to develop standard operating procedures for use cases of reality capture for automation deployment
* Work with cross-functional deployment teams to deliver timely feedback on installation errors and clashes
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline: Mechanical, Industrial, Architecture, or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in college/university and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the co-op
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) co-op from January - June 2023
- Competence in using Autodesk (Civil3D, Revit, ReCap, Navisworks and BIM360--preferred) or equivalent for complex models)
- Experience working in 3D environments and familiarity with as-built conditions
- Experience processing point cloud data
- Industrial experience working with cross functional teams and field operations
- Experience programming in common computer languages including data processing, user interfaces, and statistical data analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.