The Culinary Services department at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking a qualified candidate for a Barista/Event Server position.
• Greet customers, take orders, and serve food and beverages.
• Prepare coffee drink orders accordingly to recipe and presentation standards.
• Operate the point-of-sale system. Verify expenses and revenue while processing food and beverage transactions.
• Take inventory and restock products.
• Maintain a sanitary and organized work environment.
• Anticipate customer and workplace needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues.
• Interact with customers and coworkers in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service oriented manner.
• Consistently provide quality food and beverages for all customers by adhering to the menu, health, safety, and sanitation guidelines.
• Troubleshoot and conduct minor repairs on the coffee equipment.
• Set up, maintain, and clean up culinary services events at various locations.
• Cross train as part of a team environment
-High school diploma or equivalent.
-Minimum of one year experience working in a coffee bar, food service, or hospitality.
-Maintain consistent attendance and punctuality.
-Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
-Possess a valid driver’s license and own transportation.
-The hours will vary including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
-Proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
-Knowledge of a point-of-sale system preferred.
-Nassau County Department of Health sanitation certificate preferred.
Please apply for the position via the CSHL careers website at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cshl/jobs/3742301/barista-event-server?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Position Number 00018
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics and bioinformatics. The Laboratory is recognized internationally for its excellence in research and educational activities. For more information about CSHL, please visit https://www.cshl.edu.
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor