Process Engineering Technician
Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction company unlocking brine resources to provide essential raw materials to the battery industry. Lilac’s unique ion exchange process eliminates the environmental impact of conventional lithium extraction while boosting production. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of engineers passionate about delivering innovations to the mining sector to minimize environmental impact and support the clean energy economy. Lilac is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Lilac is seeking a process engineering technician to support Lilac’s R&D and lithium production operations. Responsibilities will include building, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting of process equipment used in lithium production. This person will work closely with the engineering team to ensure operations run continuously. This is an excellent opportunity for hands-on learning of process technology and equipment operations. This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA.
- Work from schematic drawings, verbal instructions, standard operating procedures, and other plans to perform testing, modification, and troubleshooting of equipment
- Perform test, fault analysis, and malfunction remediation on process systems and equipment
- Support equipment documentation
- Builds new and improves existing processes equipment
- Changes to responsibilities may occur due to business needs and according to candidate’s performance
- An understanding of lab and industrial safety
- Experience with process equipment and/or lab equipment
- Self motivated, and able to work well under pressure
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excited to work on a small fast-paced startup team
- 2+ years of experience of experience in a hands-on role operating equipment in an industrial setting is a plus
- Associate or Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline a plus
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance
- 401k pre and post-tax options
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- Daily catered lunch
Requisition ID: 45