Desktop Support Technician II
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned biological research organization, is looking for a person with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to join us as an On-Site Desktop Support Technician to join our User Support Service group. The USS group provides support to approximately 1000 users in our scientific and administrative community at a beautiful, world-renowned scientific research and educational campus.
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
– Providing support to end users on a variety of issues and identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems.
– Responding to telephone and email requests for technical support and documenting, tracking and monitoring issues for the IT group to ensure a timely resolution.
– Creating procedural and support specific documentation for the IT group.
– Maintaining AD accounts, DHCP reservations, user profiles and network share permissions.
– Working under the general supervision of the Desktop Support Manager.
– Performing additional IT related tasks, as assigned by management.
– A degree or certificate in computer science or a related field
– MTA or A+ (CompTIA) certifications
– 2 – 4 years previous experience in end user support, computer operations, desktop support or another related area.
– Experience maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing desktop/laptop systems, installing system hardware & software and computer peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.).
– Experience writing purchase justifications, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with management.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– Independent problem-solver, who is self-guided
– Strong documentation skills.
– Familiar with basic networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory tools
– Capable of training users in common applications and operating system fundamentals
– Ability to create computer images, and perform tasks via scripting technology
– Capable of software installations through MSI deployment
– Familiar with advanced troubleshooting techniques
– In depth knowledge of Active Directory and networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
– Knowledge of multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows) and commands/utilities available is highly desired
– Motivated to advance in the profession
– Stays current with changes in the industry, and their ramifications to the organization
Please apply for the position via the CSHL careers website at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cshl/jobs/3853476/desktop-support-technician-ii?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu.
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor