Amazon Robotics - Technical Program Manager Co-op - Jan - June 2023
Technical Program Manager Co-op
January to June 2023
North Reading, MA or Westborough, MA, Hybrid/In-Person
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January - June 2023.
Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities. The TPM Co-op position requires you to be located in the Greater Boston area and to come to the office on a regular basis. We provide relocation benefits for our out-of-state co-ops, if applicable.
*Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for the role of TPM Co-op in different teams at Amazon Robotics such as Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Operations, Deployment, and Systems and Products. Each team might require more specialized technical skillsets in their respective areas; please read below for more details in the qualifications sections. If you have a strong interest and experience for one particular team, please add a note to your resume.
The Technical Program Manager (TPM) Co-op will be responsible for:
- Manage one large project, or multiple smaller projects (dependent upon comfort level and business project priority at the time of hire)
- Interface with all engineering disciplines to deliver project requirements
- Support implementation, maintenance, and growth of strategic programs
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to improve a program’s offering and its benefits for our customers
- Define, identify, develop, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity, new insights, and to formulate recommendations that improve processes
- Maintain and develop tools and dashboards to monitor program milestones, track and report capital spending, and maintain the solution design portfolio using Tableau or equivalent
- Demonstrate proven success as both an independent performer and a contributing member of a high-performing team; show the ability to deep dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
- Work with program managers and engineering staff to deliver updates to existing products as well as new mechanisms, modules, and systems and to report program performance to senior business leaders
- Currently enrolled in college/university and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the co-op (December 2023 graduation date or later)
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) Spring Co-op from January 2023 - June 2023
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s in in Project and/or Program Management, Engineering, Engineering Management, or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results-driven with analytical skills and the desire to innovate and simplify current process and practices
- Demonstrated experience working in team environments
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Familiarity with or ability to learn Tableau
- Previous project team experience recommended
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship, co-op, volunteer position
- Strong decision-making skills, and use sound logic to communicate ideas
- Strong technical insight to address customer challenges
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.