- Responsible for ensuring G&A invoices are processed in line with the Delegations of Authority and that all relevant approvals are captured before payment
- Ensures that the preparation and recording of G&A expenses is timely, complete and accurate. Including the ownerships of the process for estimating accruals as well as recording corporate fixed asset additions and depreciation.
- Assists with the preparation and analysis of corporate cost center budget vs actual reporting
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all corporate accounts
- Liaise with personnel at other TotalEnergies non-trading affiliates to prepare quarterly intercompany reconciliations
- Assist with the consolidation and subsequent internal reporting via CAP for TGPNA and GLNGNA as well as the biannual US GAAP reporting to the TGPNA US parent entity
- Gather and process the required information for TGPNA state tax filings and insurance renewals
- Troubleshoot quarterly and annual audit requests as needed
- Supports the Corporate Accounting & Reporting Lead and Financial Controller on various projects and ad hoc requests as needed
Context and Environment
TotalEnergies is an extremely dynamic and innovative international environment which requires a proactive and flexible attitude coupled with the ability to anticipate and adapt to headquarters requests. The Corporate Accountant therefore needs excellent analytical and communication skills coupled with the ability to think quickly to balance competing priorities and execute appropriate solutions in coordination with managers during the planning and budgeting process.
The position requires to act independently and proactively in completing tasks, and to demonstrate an ability to work in a time pressured environment to achieve reporting deadlines. The job holder must be able to manage working relationships with peers within the Finance department, counterparts in other Group companies, and interact efficiently with managers during the planning and budgeting process.
- Application of TotalEnergies policies, US GAAP and IFRS to accounting records for all business activities and entities
- Compliance with internal and external audit requirements
- Qualifications/Experience required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or economics required.
- Minimum two years of total experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (mastery of Pivot tables), and the developments of economic models
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- TotalEnergies regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
At TotalEnergies we know that you're more than what's on your CV. If this opportunity excites you, but your profile doesn't exactly match the description above...give it a try & apply. Diversity of perspectives & experiences make us stronger.
TotalEnergies is a multi-energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, clean, reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
TotalEnergies Gas and Power (TGP) is the trading arm of TotalEnergies in the field of low carbon energies (mainly gas, LNG and power). As such it operates in fast-evolving market dynamics influenced by internal and external factors that require constant adaptation and evolution. Uncertainties specific to the trading environment (volatility of prices, supply & demand mismatches) are coupled with those coming from the broader energy sector (climate change policies, changes in the energy mix, developments of new energy sources, etc). In such context TGP helps to ensure growth and profitability to a key segment of the business in order to reach the objective of Carbon Neutrality by 2050.
We are committed to meet the energy needs of a growing population while fulfilling our ambition to be a major player in the energy transition. The volatility of the energy trading markets requires excellence in risk management and a culture of innovation.
Our people flourish in an environment that promotes expertise, entrepreneurship spirit, agility and a purpose-driven culture, generating boundless opportunities to learn, grow and achieve collaborative success while ensuring safety in all our operations.
We look for passion, ambition and open-mindedness. While we evolve in a demanding and ever-changing industry, we cultivate a friendly workplace where team spirit and respect guide our daily routine, and where the diversity of our people and their skills create a nourishing experience for all of us.