Junior Graphic Designer/Typesetter
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) is seeking an in-person junior graphic designer/typesetter to join our growing communications creative team. AEI is a private, nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution dedicated to research and education on issues of government, politics, economics, and social welfare.
The junior graphic designer/typesetter will design, manage, and execute the development of graphics for web, reports, presentations, and marketing material for a variety of projects for the Institute. They will also assist and work with other designers on the production process for in-house projects, create graphics as requested, and assist in day-to-day graphic requests for print, email, and web.
The ideal candidate enjoys designing reports and event materials and transforming data and research into easily digestible visual stories for print and web. Requirements include at least 2–3 years of experience in graphic design or another creative industry; familiarity with social media and marketing; demonstrated fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign), MS PowerPoint, and Excel; and ability to learn Tableau or other data visualization programs.
Qualified applicants should submit an online application to www.aei.org/jobs, complete with a resume, a cover letter, academic transcript(s), and a pdf or link to a portfolio. Candidates must submit either a pdf or link to a portfolio to be considered.
- Typeset publications and marketing materials
- Work to create compelling graphics for print, web, and PowerPoint presentations
- Work with the Design team to maintain brand standards for graphics and print products
- Design and produce templates for various print, PowerPoint, and online digital projects
- Assist and work with other designers on various production items for in-house projects
- Assist in day-to-day time-sensitive graphic requests for print, email, and web
- At least 2–3 years of graphic design experience
- Strength in information and data visualizations graphics
- Passion for interpreting complex data into digestible graphics
- Familiarity with printing processes and working with presses
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and ability to work between web and print items
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign), MS PowerPoint, and Excel (data to various chart creation); working knowledge of data visualization programs (interactive maps, charts, and graphs)
- Strong communications skills and attention detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to troubleshoot the unexpected independently
- Willingness to learn
- An interest in public policy