Senior Designer, UI/UX
The UI/UX Designer will be part of a talented team of engineers, developers, and data scientists
devoted to creating and maintaining world class software applications connecting and
monitoring distributed energy systems. This position will be located remotely. Our team is
nimble and agile with limited hierarchy and lots of ownership. We're looking for someone who is
driven, passionate about user-centric design, and willing to get their hands dirty.
In this position you will collaborate with other designers and work alongside Product
Management, Marketing, and Engineering Teams to deliver outstanding digital experiences.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills
and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open
communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical and creative ideas to a
design project. An ability to identify constraints, influence stakeholders, and design across web
and mobile will be critical to this role.
- Design new user facing interfaces and features for leading edge distributed energy
- applications, in close collaboration with other Product Managers, Software Engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Create intuitive and engaging experiences that accomplish the goals of the end user in a
- clear and understandable way, turning complex use cases into simple, informative, and
- actionable experiences.
- Create wireframes and experience flow diagrams documenting the user journey and
- articulating the experience.
- Deliver design specifications and supporting documentation to developers.
- Partner with product management and developers to identify constraints and iterate on
- designs based on technical feasibility as well as prioritization of features.
- Drive user research including usability tests, qualitative research, ethnography, and design
- Design for a multi-touchpoint experience that includes software, mobile apps, and on-device interfaces.
- Advocate and drive user-centered design principles across products and features.
- Stay abreast and have a passion for the customer experience and modern design trends.
- Solid understanding of front-end web design and development (html/css).
- Clear understanding about how software, embedded UI, and hardware integrate, and how
- the experience should reflect this interaction.
- Provide subject-matter expertise, perspective, and direction on new interactive technologies
- innovations as they apply to creating user experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (HCI, Graphic Design, Human Factors), or equivalent
- combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in digital product design, interaction design, user experience design,
- software or product design for software, web applications and mobile applications.
- Expertise in digital design tools, specifically Figma, Adobe, Sketch.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS and other presentation layer technologies.
- Portfolio of relevant work for review is required.
We will consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this opportunity.