Senior Administrative Assistant
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Within RTI’s International Development Group (IDG), our researchers and practitioners design and implement programs across a wide range of sectors to help low- and middle-income countries and communities address complex problems and improve the lives of their citizens. Learn more about our impact in International Development here: www.rti.org/development.
IDG is looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Global Health Division Vice President. This position will be located in Washington DC office. Hybrid arrangements would be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Intensive Outlook calendar management for a division vice president
- Arranging domestic and international travel and processing expense reports
- Individual and group meeting management and logistics
- Attending GHD meetings to record and produce minutes and manage any related videoconferencing technology
- Submitting consulting agreements, purchase orders, and work requests
- Securing and managing RTI resources using online tools and other mechanisms.
- Maintaining interface with program and project personnel to obtain, verify, record, and provide data, and resolve problems.
- Demonstrating advanced computer application skills and training others on system usage.
- Acting as a liaison for staff, routinely working with the offices of Accounting, Payroll, Purchasing, and Contracts
- Assisting management with monitoring and forecasting of operating resources
- Assisting in proper compliance and implementation of corporate and unit procedures
- In a team leader capacity, exercising responsibilities in assigning and directing work and provide guidance to and/or mentor other support staff.
- May be involved in participation and coordination of special projects.
- May assist with Human Resource activities and documentation related to employee onboarding, separations, and status changes.
Business Development and Knowledge Management Support
- Supporting identifying and tracking insights from capture and project trip reports
- supporting management of client and partner surveys
- Preparing salient briefers regarding project or business development-related information, in support of high-level visits by VP or GHLT members to support country and client travel
- Supporting GH knowledge management through maintenance of Teams, Sharepoint or other relevant sites
- Associate degree and 2 years of relevant experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience providing administrative support, including but not limited to scheduling, file management, and preparation of expense reports
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Interest or experience in the field of Global Health
- Ability to manage MS Outlook calendar and scheduling for a dynamic senior executive
- Ability to use various MS Office 365 tools, particularly MS Teams and SharePoint management for collaboration and file management of a geographically dispersed business group
- Ability to prepare and submit expense reports
- Highly responsive and very detail-oriented
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use and manage various forms of videoconferencing and collaborative meeting software such as Zoom, Teams, Mural
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to tactfully communicate with various levels of the organization to request or provide information.
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently
- Ability to navigate and speak to complex department and organizational structure, operations, policies and procedures
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.
- Maximum Salary: $79,000
- Minimum Salary: $64,000