Bioinformatics/ Data Analytics Internship- Summer 2023
Versiti was founded with the belief that together, our blood centers can better serve patients' urgent need for life-saving healthcare. We love what we do, and we're looking for passionate individuals to join the Versiti family. We foster a diverse environment that affirms each employee’s dignity and worth, and we offer a chance to work with a team of compassionate people who provide lifesaving blood to our communities daily.
What you can expect in this position:
Under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor, performs assigned tasks and/or projects related to the area-specific internship. Our 10 - week summer internships are designed to provide hands-on, project-based experience in various areas of our business.
What you will do:
The Internship program is intended to provide an immersive exposure to Information Technology’s role in supporting Versiti’s Diagnostic Labs and Research. This will include introduction to the various systems and processes used to capture, analyze and report data from business processes within Versiti, working under the direction of the IT Clinical and Research group.
The Internship Program will also provide a basic understanding of the complex regulatory governance required for handling data in the context of Labs and Research.
Here at Versiti, we are blood health innovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment. We are excited to share this with you through our BioInformatics/ Data Analytics Internship.
As a member of the IT Clinical and Research Group you will:
- Gain an understanding of data governance and data visualization using various reporting tools
- Assist the Systems Analysts with report development
- Learn the basics of SQL querying and report creation using Power BI and Crystal Reports
- Learn and assist with Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from multiple systems including LifeTrak, Oracle and SQL Server databases and various other data sources
- Assist with Data Governance and Data Lake projects for various functional areas
- Actively assist on projects and system implementations and upgrades
- Maintain the customer service standards of the department and Versiti.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with customers, donors and colleagues, sharing all necessary information.
- Work effectively with team members, contributing to team efforts.
- Support Versiti’s mission, vision, and values as well as department goals and objectives.
What you will need:
· Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university program in a related field of the internship.
· Completed a minimum of 2 years in college/university in a related field of study for the internship preferred
· Basic Microsoft Office skills
Skills and Knowledge
· Effective communication skills
· Ability to be customer-focused and follow through on requests promptly
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to quickly and accurately understand instructions and then work independently on assignments
· Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
· Demonstrates keen attention to detail
When you will work?
· This is a full-time, 40 hour per week internship, working Monday-Friday. The internship will begin on June 5th
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through the integration of science, medicine, and service.
The hiring process will consist of a phone and in-person interview, background checks, and drug test screening. Please apply if you are willing to participate in this process.
COVID – 19 Vaccination Policy
All New Employees must be vaccinated from COVID-19. Versiti may provide a reasonable accommodation to employees unable to receive the Covid-19 vaccination due to a qualified medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance consistent with state and federal law. Employees and candidates can apply and must be approved for an accommodation prior to their hire date.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.