IT Help Desk Specialist - (973)
Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a Help Desk Specialist located in our Laramie, WY office. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
Please click here to see what benefits WEST offers!
The minimum base salary for this position is $18.50/hour, plus additional annual profit sharing bonus potential. Salary may vary based on education, knowledge and experience.
- Software installation, configuration and support
- Hardware installation, configuration and support
- Coordinate activities in support of user training and assistance requests for all programs
- Perform basic networking functions
- Acts as initial contact for all internal and external customer technical support required for computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems.
- Manage and respond to help desk tickets
- Direct tickets needing additional resources to the appropriate person or department
- Basic Active Directory management
- Google Apps for business administration
- Help provide best practices in system/network documentation
- Video conferencing support
- After hours support
This is a general description of the functions for this position and this is not all-inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.
- High school education required (diploma or GED)
- We prefer a minimum of two (2) years’ experience managing IT in the areas described or equivalent education.
- Preference given to candidates with CompTia A+ certification
- Record of exceptional customer support
- Good problem solving / analysis
- Strong technical capacity
- Familiar with Windows, Android and iOS operating systems
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling information and documentation
- Be detail oriented in all transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and make independent decisions
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment and mobile devices
- Understanding of digital photography or drones is a plus
WEST is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for everyone and highly recommends all prospective hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date. While WEST does not currently require vaccinations, please be aware that WEST has a mandatory vaccination policy in place should local, state or federal law require vaccinations. Additionally, WEST has certain clients that require all personnel to be vaccinated prior to working on their projects, so individuals will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to working on those projects. As an exception, employees may also request a Medical or Religious exemption from the vaccine requirement and the request must be supported by a doctor for a medical exemption or by a statement from the employee outlining a sincerely held belief to qualify for a religious exemption. Please contact us if you have any questions.
After an offer of employment is made, the candidate must successfully pass a pre- employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, and any protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.