Lab Scientist (Contract)
Cytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators and next-in-class muscle inhibitors as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. As a leader in muscle biology and the mechanics of muscle performance, the company is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to impact muscle function and contractility.
We are seeking a Temporary Lab Scientist for a 12-month assignment. This may be a contract-to-hire opportunity.
- Deliver method development and laboratory testing support as needed to Analytical Development, Process Chemistry, Formulation Development, DMPK, and Medicinal Chemistry
- Monitor and regularly update stability programs for drug substance and drug product in various phases of development
- Coordinate calibration and maintenance needs and schedules for lab instruments
- S/B.S. in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline. Prior function in Analytical Development/Quality Control (QC) setting in pharmaceutical industry highly preferred.
- Hands on experience in liquid/gas chromatographic methods along with the associated data acquisition and analysis software. Familiar with other instrument-based analytical technologies such as Dissolution, Particle Size Analysis, MS, KF, XRPD, DSC, TGA, FTIR, etc.
- An understanding of working in a non-GMP and GMP environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and well-organized.
- Title commensurate with qualification/experience.