Sponsored Research Administrative Specialist
The Sponsored Research Administrative Specialist will assist the Office of Sponsored Research with various compliance and operational protocols including payroll labor distribution, effort reporting/commitment monitoring, cost transfers and graduate school distribution. Such activities will pertain to post-award accounting of grants and contracts. This position reports to the Manager of Sponsored Research.
- Responsible for post-award accounting of grants and contracts.
- Maintains labor payroll distribution which allocates all labor costs within the Institute; this responsibility requires an understanding of the accounting chart of accounts and effective communication with UF Scripps laboratories and departments.
- Maintains effort reporting protocols within UF Scripps – which requires analysis/reconciliation of all effort reports generated within UF effort reporting system and liaising with individual laboratories.
- Maintains overall graduate program “grant charge back” protocols which includes ensuring ongoing cost coverage.
- Provides technical assistance to PI, research administrators and the Director.
- Interacts with sponsors and staff to resolve problems and correct errors in fund management.
- Provide basic accounts payable support and control for sponsored projects.
- Assists with administration of departmental and project activities.
Commensurate with experience.
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Financial background, including review of budgets is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Accuracy, vigorous attention to detail and a customer service-oriented approach and mindset.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
To be considered for this position, applicants must upload resume and cover letter.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin October 3, 2022.
This is a time-limited position.
To apply for this position, visit https://jobs.ufl.edu/ Job number for this vacancy is <523981> and the deadline date to apply is open until filled. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University of Florida invites all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under the Florida Sunshine and Public Records laws.
REQ # 523981