HR Payroll Specialist
Techline, Inc. is seeking an HR Payroll Specialist to work in the Professional Services Group in Austin, TX.
Primary Purpose: The Techline HR Payroll Specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring semi-monthly payroll processing is completed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. This position will also play a direct role in workers’ compensation administration.
This is an in-person position reporting to a professional office daily.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate semi-monthly, multi-state payroll processing
- Audit timekeeping records to ensure accuracy and policy compliance
- Process garnishments and levies, as required
- Calculate off-cycle wage payments, as needed, and record them appropriately in the payroll system
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Generate regular payroll reports for branch managers
- Document HR processes for business continuity planning efforts
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour, and tax laws, including remittance of payroll taxes
- Attend to employee’s or organization’s inquiries about payroll issues
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information reviewed and processed
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or equivalent preferred.
- At least three years of relevant payroll processing experience.
- Must prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently; as well as part of a team.
- General knowledge of multi-state payroll laws and practices.
- Experience with ADP WFN.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- This position is a professional level position and is responsible for staying abreast of current payroll and tax laws, as well as compensation trends.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Employee benefits include:
- Employer-paid medical/dental/life/disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Generous paid leaves
- And more!
This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of the results of a satisfactory background check.
Techline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.