Amazon Robotics - Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op - Spring 2023
Manufacturing Engineer Co-op
North Reading, MA or Westborough, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
This role is a 6 month co op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January to June 2023. Amazon Robotics co op opportunities will ideally be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state of the art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Manufacturing Engineer Co-op will be responsible for delivering and supporting operations and production projects by partnering with Amazon Robotics Tech Ops Engineering process owners and other cross-functional team members.
The Manufacturing Engineer Co-op will be responsible for:
- Creating mechanisms, processes, and/or documentation to improve Technical Operations
- Gather, analyze and document functional/technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users
- Drive resolutions within supply chain network and address manufacturability, production or design issues
- Propose design changes that will enhance product manufacturability and testability
- Qualify supplier production processes based on dimensional data, control plans, PFMEAs
- Design and implement into production manufacturing tools and fixtures
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- Junior year or above in Engineering program
- Currently enrolled in College/University and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the co-op
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) 6-month co-op from January to June 2023
- Previous co-op experience in a professional environment desired
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with GD&T
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged
- Demonstrated understanding of quality metrics, process characterization and mapping, Product Quality / Reliability / Improvement techniques, LEAN Manufacturing, DFM/DFT, and Continuous Process Improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.