Clinical Research Coordinator - Joint Preservation
Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator to support ongoing human clinical research studies under the direction of Dr. Constance Chu at Stanford University and the VA Palo Alto.
The Research Coordinator will conduct and ensure completion of clinical trials in joint prevention. The Research Coordinator will work independently on progressively more complex projects/assignments and will support the Principle Investigator (PI) and the Director of Joint Preservation Center, Constance Chu, M.D., with the study management activities, such as supervising staff and engaging with research subjects.
PAVIR is delighted to offer a robust and comprehensive employee benefits package with exceptional offerings such as health, dental and vision insurance, 14 paid holidays, generous vacation and sick pay policies, a 401(k) with a fully vested 6% company match and 3% profit share, a wellness program, commuter benefits, and professional development training. Plus, we pay for life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
- Assist with responsibilities for recruitment, conduct and ensure completion of clinical trials and other patient related research;
- Assist with determining and implementing effective strategies for promoting/recruiting research participants and retaining participants in long-term clinical trials;
- Assist with developing and coordinating Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions and responding to requests and questions
- Aid with developing and reporting to PI project schedules, targets, measurements, and accountabilities;
- Ensure regulatory compliance. Regularly inspect study document to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance;
- Assist with oversight of the collection, processing, security, and disposition of biospecimens and patient data.
- Assist with overseeing data management for research projects;
- Assist with developing and managing systems to organize, collect, report, and monitor data collection. Extract, analyze, and interpret data.
- Aid with developing protocols for new funding opportunities and with adjusting to the needs of complex and multicenter studies;
- Collaborate with principal investigators and study sponsors to develop optimal protocols, monitor and report serious adverse events, and resolve study queries;
- Work with Principal Investigator and outside agencies, such as the FDA, for Investigational New Drug applications when applicable;
- Assisting with research management activities to support funded studies;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Associate's degree;
- Driver's license
- 1-2 years or more of related experience;
- Previous experience in a clinical and research environment;
- Experience with grants and contracts function, clinical trial and research data management.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Good understanding of clinical terminology and procedures gained through experience;
- Experience with research protocols and regulatory or governing bodies, which include HIPAA and FDA regulations, Institutional Review Board requirements, and Good Clinical Practices;
- Ability to read and understand study/trial protocol;
- Ability to prioritize and organize a high-volume workload and adapt to changing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively;
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with study subjects;
- Proven track record towards meeting goals and deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database applications;
- Knowledge of VA and its health care system regarding clinical research trials and understanding of VA procedures and safety regulations;
- Knowledge of and experience working in orthopedic research;
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
ABOUT PALO ALTO VETERANS INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH (PAVIR)
PAVIR facilitates research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. At PAVIR we work with more than 160 uniquely talented medical scientists. We recruit and retain talented employees who believe in making a difference in the lives of others through innovative health research.
READY TO JOIN OUR RESEARCH TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VA and complete a background check before they can commence work.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - Human Resources department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.