TRC Environmental (TRC) is currently accepting applicants for the position of Archeology intern out of our Fort Collins, CO or Albuquerque, NM office. The successful applicant will work alongside TRC’s staff of cultural and environmental resource professionals serving on a variety of Federal, State, municipal, and private clients.
Pursuing an associate or bachelor's degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field is preferred but not required for consideration. However, all applicants should preferably have past experience conducting archaeological surveys, testing, and data recover, as well as artifact analysis and writing on archeological reports for regulatory review.
We encourage college seniors who are interested to apply. Those who complete the internship program can be considered for full-time opportunities upon graduation.
- The individual will be supporting all types of archaeological projects, ranging from small local surveys through large, multi-year and multi-state energy projects.
- Work closely with the TRC Cultural Team Lead/Principal Investigator, TRC archaeologists, environmental staff, permitting specialists, and managers.
- The position could include regular fieldwork and regular travel away from the home office.
Albuquerque, NM - ALB2, Cheyenne, WY
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Pursuing an associate or bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Archeology, Earth Sciences or any related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Has interest in fieldwork including survey, testing, monitoring, and data recovery.
- Knowledge of digital field technology (Fulcrum app, Trimble, GPS, total station, etc.) and GIS applications and software.
- Self-motivated, physically able to conduct all aspects of fieldwork in all weather conditions.
- Excellent personnel and management skills
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including health benefits and a 401k plan with a company match.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, TRC Companies provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $22-25/hour.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.