Cyber Security Architect
The Cyber Security Architect is responsible for the design, implementation and support of the company’s cyber controls, threat monitoring and mitigation, as well as the evaluation and monitoring of cyber technology used to support corporate operations and product development. This position will also be responsible for the identification, documentation, and remediation of enterprise cyber security threats. Working with the Network Security team and various software development teams, the successful candidate will help to refine the current cyber security strategy and then help execute on that strategy.
· Design, build and implement enterprise-class security systems for a production environment
· Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
· Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
· Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
· Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
· Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
· Use current programming language and technologies to writes code, complete programming and performs testing and debugging of applications
· Perform vulnerability assessments and lightweight penetration testing.
· Manage the vulnerability and threat identification lifecycle.
· Develop mitigation strategies and approaches.
· Assist in the execution of Red Team and Blue Team exercises.
§ Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
§ A minimum of seven years working in highly available enterprise production environments.
§ Hands on experience with cybersecurity infrastructure that includes the following:
§ network security and networking technologies and with system, security and monitoring tools
§ firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering
§ Information Security frameworks such as NIST, SOC, ISO 27000, CIS, OWASP etc.
§ Understanding and experience with Red Team, and Blue Team concepts and the tools used in threat detection and penetration testing.
§ Experience in securing a hybridized AWS environment (preferred)
§ Experience doing external penetration testing. (preferred)
§ Ability to work independently or with a team as required.
§ Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
§ Strong verbal and written communication skills.
§ Working understanding of the MITRE cyber kill chain
§ Advanced knowledge of IT Risk Management and Compliance management theory/practices, laws and auditing principles.
§ Working knowledge of security testing tools and technologies such as Kali Linux (or comparable), Tenable, AppScan, OWASP ZAP, and BurpSuite.
§ Familiarity with infrastructure security technologies such as IDS/IPS, DLP, SIEM, OSINT, and xDR solutions.
§ Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related technologies and how to protect them.
§ Understanding of how to protect Active Directory, Microsoft operation systems and Linux.
§ Ability to work flexible hours when needed, including outside normal business hours.
§ Ability to be on call 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, with short notice to respond to occasional emergencies.
§ Using coding and scripting to solve security challenges and automate controls. (preferred)
§ Familiarity with Digital Forensics and Incident Response (preferred)
§ Expert technical understanding of the following cyber security concepts
§ Advanced Persistent Threats (APT’s) and how to protect against them.
§ Cyber threat intelligence
§ Identity Access Management (IAM) technologies, solutions, and approaches.
§ Application security testing and remediation strategies.
§ One or more of the following certifications are preferred, but not required.
§ CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
§ SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner
§ OSCP – Offensive Security Certified Professional
§ CEH -- Certified Ethical Hacker
§ GSEC – GIAC Security Essentials Certification
§ CCSK – Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge