2022-2023: Shipping & Commercial - Hull and Systems Engineer Full Time
Chevron Shipping Company will begin accepting applications for Hull and Systems Engineer full-time positions located in Houston, Texas, and/or San Ramon, California (San Francisco Bay Area) through September 30, 2022.Chevron Shipping Company is looking for outstanding graduates in the area of Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Ocean Engineering, or other closely related disciplines who would like to work on challenging marine projects ranging from concept selection, design, construction, and operation of tanker vessels and offshore production facilities in the oil and gas industry. Chevron Shipping provides engineering and technical support to Chevron’s fleet of approximately 30 trading tankers and LNG carriers plus numerous floating offshore oil production projects around the world.
Marine Technical & Projects
The Marine Technical & Projects group supports the Corporation’s offshore floating oil and gas production/storage facilities. The group provides engineering, consulting, and management services to major capital projects through all phases of project life from design and construction to installation and operation.
This Hull and Systems Engineer position will interact with team and major capital project members to provide marine engineering and naval architecture services for floating offshore projects such as floating production, storage & offloading vessels (FPSOs), spars, TLPs, and semi-submersibles.
The Fleet Technical group supports the Corporation in areas involving oil and gas transportation. The group provides engineering, consulting, and project management services for Chevron’s fleet of oil & LNG tankers for all phases of project life from design and construction to operation.
This Hull and Systems Engineer position will interact and work together with team members to provide marine engineering and naval architecture services for Chevron Shipping Company LNG carriers, crude oil carriers, product carriers, and port facilities.
All Hull and Systems Engineers will participate in Chevron’s Horizons engineering development program. Horizons is a competency based rotational development program with managed moves which may include various domestic and international locations. The objective is to build a foundation of technical engineering capability necessary to support facilities design, construction, and operations. This is met through a combination of technical trainings, competency assessments, and formal mentoring with 2-3 job assignments within 3-5 years. At the conclusion of the Horizons Program, you will return to a role in Marine Technical & Projects or Fleet Technical.
- B.S. or M.S. in Naval Architecture and/or Marine Engineering or equivalent
- 0 to 5 Years industry experience
- Applicants must have permanent work authorization in the United States and not require sponsorship
- Domestic and international travel is required.
- Availability outside normal working hours may be required.
- Relocation assistance available.
- Ability to attend and work in the field in an industrial environment. Locations include the USA, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East where shipyard attendance is required for new construction and ship overhauls.
- Ability to attend vessel repairs, climb vertical ladders into ballast and cargo tanks, and to board vessels by means of vertical accommodation boarding ladders.
- Attend vessel trials or training at sea for periods up to 4 weeks.
Submit your resume, references, and if graduating, a current transcript via the link provided on or before 30 September 2022.
- Initial interview may be arranged in October 2022
- Potential follow-up interview for select candidates
- Final selection in December 2022 or earlier
- Tentative start between January 2023 and July 2023
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.