Human Resources Assistant
This position will perform clerical functions in support of, and as back up to the members of the UF Scripps Human Resources team in all functional areas as needed by the department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts new hire orientation for all members of the UF Scripps community and coordinates first day with hiring departments.
- Complete electronic I-9 records through Equifax.
- Explains paperwork to new hires and responds to related questions.
- Performs data entry of new hires personnel action changes in the HRIS system.
- Creates UF ID number in my UFL and Guard Card system and prints and activates ID card.
- Enters new hire into onboarding ticketing system and works with lab admins to ensure pre-boarding is completed.
- Assists with exit process and works with laboratory administrative coordinators to ensure UF Scripps property is collected and returned to the proper parties.
- Assists the recruiting function by assembling and processing new hire paperwork including creating and reviewing new hire packets.
- Scheduling/coordinating Spark Hire interviews for candidates.
- Conducting employment verification of candidates and administering applicant skill tests as needed. May also assist with submittal of background check requests
- Assist with preparing materials for use at career fairs. Uses the applicant tracking system (PageUp) to perform tasks such as downloading applications, providing first level troubleshooting and technical assistance to internal and external users such as resetting passwords, assisting with navigation and error messages, changing applicant statuses, and other functions as needed.
- Posts and updates job openings on various websites and job boards; maintains electronic records of postings, reviews requisition information to verify it is complete and consistent with the job title.
- Tracks all positions and individuals with temporary end dates for renewal and termination as needed by collaborating with the relevant departments.
- Maintains personnel files to ensure there are complete and accurate records.
- Explains and answers questions regarding routine policies and procedures.
- Processes and reconciles invoices for department related expenses through the Marketplace.
- Monitors and orders department supplies and processes contract/subscription renewals through the Marketplace.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes departmental mail and deliveries.
- Assists with updating departmental forms.
- Runs ad hoc reports as needed.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
Commensurate with experience
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of appropriate experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or another related field.
- Possession of PHR or SHRM-CP certification.
- Certified FL Notary
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and professional level typing/data entry skills.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems, including applicant tracking systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, exceptional customer service skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLIANTS:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
To learn more about UF Scripps Biomedical Research, please click on the link: UF Scripps Biomedical Research.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
This is a time-limited position.
To apply for this position, visit https://jobs.ufl.edu/ Job number for this vacancy is 523896 and the deadline date to apply is open until filled. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University of Florida invites all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under the Florida Sunshine and Public Records laws.
REQ # 523896