TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is an engineering consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects
TRC is seeking an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) associate to join TRC 's ESG Advisory Services and Climate Solutions team. TRC is a well-recognized and branded advisory services team that is growing with strong key client relationships in corporate strategies, private equity firms, investment banks, and law firms across the globe. The candidate joins other subject matter experts at TRC in executing ESG, Climate Change, Greenhouse Gas (GHG) and Sustainability projects for clients in Chemical, Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Manufacturing and Private Equity firms.
TRC is looking for a self-motivated individual who is enthusiastic about their work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. While this individual will have opportunities to directly manage and execute projects, the successful applicant must also enjoy the day-to-day challenges of program management and business development. As a seller/doer of ESG advisory services, this role would include direct interaction with clients, including proposal development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Conduct ESG materiality assessments and assist with Sustainability reports;
- Collect, validate, calculate, and aggregate ESG data for reporting;
- Conduct audits of ESG related policies, programs and certificates;
- Conduct research and peer benchmarking to support strategic planning, goal setting to facilitate conversations with stakeholders;
- Assist with the development and implementation of successful sustainability, ESG, and GHG strategy and management programs.
- Complete and manage ESG indicators and metrics, and interact with ESG software partners;
- Assist with CDP climate change, water, and/or forest disclosures;
- Understand ESG reporting frameworks such as GRI, SASB, PRI and TCFD;
- Develop and propose on ESG and Sustainability offerings for clients;
- Promote and sell a portfolio of ESG services to current and target clients at multinational corporations and private equity firms;
- Contribute and enhance our team's current knowledge of ESG;
- Build relationship across TRC sectors and business units to identify ESG/GHG/Sustainability opportunities; and
- Be committed to TRC’s quality and safety goals.
- Experienced Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience supporting ESG, GHG, Climate Change and Sustainability projects with overall 5-10 years of consulting experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to lead complex projects.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with TRC Market Directors, managers, and technical specialists to conduct business development, design and implement projects, and support TRC’s plans for regional and national growth.
- Experience with GHG inventories and carbon management strategies, including carbon neutrality or net zero programs a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage changing priorities to ensure client and internal needs are being met in a timely manner.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.